Timothy Talley – Information Technology Professional
Welcome to my skills showcase! My name is Timothy “TJ” Talley, and I am an Information Technology Professional with over 12 years of IT experience with over 6 years in IT Leadership. I am passionate about improving processes and simplifying IT. I have been successful in using modern technology to streamline workflows and minimize paperwork to provide increased productivity and reduce costs.Â Currently, I am Comptia A+, saddler, (314) 247-1310, and Microsoft (MCP) Certified, and I am attending college classes part-time to continue my education.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions, and provide solutions in a manner that is easily understood by Staff and Faculty.
- Ability to Develop and Lead a Successful IT team with low staff turnover rate
- Ability to maintain a high level of communication with peers and management
- Ability to manage OSs including Win 2000 – Win 10, Windows Server 2003 – Server 2016, OSX, Ubuntu, and RHEL
- Ability to Setup and Understand Audio/Video Related Technologies
- Ability to Setup and Troubleshoot Digital Signage Systems
- Ability to Setup and Troubleshoot Point of Sale Systems(Ticket Master, TAM)
- Possess a understanding of Technologies such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Encryption, Virtualization, DFS, Active Directory Management, HTML5, CSS3, WordPress, and NAS Technologies
- Possess a understanding of Configurations with PERC and DRAC configurations on Dell Servers
- Justified, hired, and trained the current IT support staff to provide excellent service to the faculty, staff and students of our unit.
- Developed IT Budget to bring more transparency and accountability to the IT Team.
- Proposed, justified, and managed a centralized IT service model that eliminated redundant systems and staff to streamline IT services for multiple sub-units.
- Transitioned the desktop team from hand loading operating systems to MDT and RDS server infrastructure to create task sequences and lite touch installations over PXE and UEFI network boot options. Task sequences included Client and server OS installations with multiple application and driver configuration.
- Transitioned our helpdesk system from an email and sticky note request system to a centrally managed helpdesk system with automatic ticket creation and assigning features. Provided reporting on time spent and response times to upper management.
- Migrated from a hand coded asset management database to a combination of a SharePoint inventory database and a network discovery tool that would query and report our Windows and Linux systems. The tool would report basic system information such as IP address, serial numbers, event logs, storage, and warranty status.
- Developed InfoPath/SharePoint forms to assist our Fiscal team in organizing and streamlining their reimbursement request workflow. This form required logic, normalization, and validation.
- Served as the Information Security Manager that was responsible for assessing and applying appropriate IT Security principles for my group. This would include risk management, incident response, identity management, request ACLs, and permissions
- Developing an VDI infrastructure for Computer labs using Hyper-converged technology(in progress).
Volunteer IT Director for a local House of Worship
- Submitted IT related budgets and recommendations for technology advancements.
- Interfaced with vendors and subcontractors as needed to support the ministry’s IT infrastructure.
- Provided hands on support for the Web, Live Video Stream, Email, and Watchguard Wired/Wireless Network infrastructure.
- Provided hands on IT support for the networked Audio/Video/Lighting equipment.
- Lead volunteers of varying skill levels.